Friday 24 July 2015

NOVENA TO ST. IGNATIUS - 4TH DAY, SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2015

4TH DAY - SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2015
OPENING PRAYER:      Lord, teach us to be generous. Teach us to love you and serve you as you deserve. To give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to look for reward, save that of knowing that we do your most holy will.
TOTAL INVOLVEMENT IN THE CHURCH : St. Ignatius regarded the Church as a mother even though during his time there were many abuses in the Church. He never considered himself an outsider, an armchair critic, but actively went about trying to reform the Church from within.
Triune God, Father, Son and Spirit we pray that the unity that you share may be the same unity that we feel. Give us all the grace to know that we are all parts of one body, the Body of Christ. May our concern for others be genuine and our love for the poor tangible. This we ask in Jesus’ name. Amen.


CLOSING PRAYER: Take Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will. You have given them to me, to you I return them. Give me only your love and your grace that is enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com