Tuesday 23 July 2013

NOVENA TO ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA - DAY THREE - JULY 24, 2013 - LISTENING TO AND WAITING FOR THE LORD.

Though Ignatius was in constant and close touch with the Lord, he never presumed like the Martha of the Gospel of Luke to tell the Lord what to do. Rather, like an attentive student before his Master, he was always listening and discerning what the Lord wanted him to do. His one desire in life was to constantly do God’s will, and in his famous prayer “Take and Receive” which has now become a popular hymn, he prayed only for God’s love and grace for which he was willing to forgo everything else.

Through the intercession of St. Ignatius we pray for the grace to make God’s will coincide with ours rather than try to make our will coincide with God’s.

God of revelation, you make your will known to us through the daily events of life, the people we encounter, the things we use and the situations of life. We pray for the grace of open and receptive hearts that like St. Ignatius of Loyola our one desire will be to listen to what you want us to do and have the courage to do it. We ask this through the same Christ our Lord. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Fr. Errol:

    I was searching for some insight on St. Ignatius today as I am in my 6th day of a 30 day Spirtitual Exercises retreat I am doing from my home. My director is a Redem. Priest now in Rome who is also my cousin and we are sharing via E-mail. Today's my theme or point of focus is "listening". Note: This is my 2nd time to perform the Exerciese (last time was in 2009). I chose to use the same themes as last time. Today's readings at Mass were very much related to "listening". Your prayer spoke to me and I will use this throughout the remainder of my Exercises. I pray you get this message. Again, Thank you and may God Bless. Ron Enderle / Corpus Christi, Texas

    ReplyDelete

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com