Tuesday 28 July 2015

NOVENA TO ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA - JULY 29, 2015 - DAY EIGHT

OPENING PRAYER:         Lord, teach us to be generous. Teach us to love you and serve you as you deserve. To give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to look for reward, save that of knowing that we do your most holy will.
EVER SEARCHING FOR THE MAGIS: The entire life of St. Ignatius was a pilgrim search for the Magis, the ever-greater glory of God, the ever-fuller service of men and women, the more universal good, the more effective apostolic means. The Magis was not simply one among others in a list of the qualities of St. Ignatius - it permeated them all.
God of all creation, we often tend to let things slide and so become complacent and self-satisfied. We give in to the sin of mediocrity and are content with the status quo. We prefer the tried and tested ways and are afraid to try the new. We are afraid to make changes because of the fear of change. Give us the grace to strive always to make the good, better; the better, better still and the better still, still better. This we ask in Jesus’ name. Amen.

CLOSING PRAYER: Take Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will. You have given them to me, to you I return them. Give me only your love and your grace that is enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com