Saturday 25 July 2015

NOVENA TO ST. IGNATIUS - DAY FIVE - JULY 26, 2015

OPENING PRAYER : Lord, teach us to be generous. Teach us to love you and serve you as you deserve. To give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to look for reward, save that of knowing that we do your most holy will.
IN SOLIDARITY WITH THOSE MOST IN NEED : Though from an affluent family himself, Ignatius deliberately chose the path of poverty in order to experience first-hand what the poor went through. This enabled him to reach out to them in a practical and tangible manner.
(ALL): God of all that is visible and invisible, we ask that we may not let things control or use us. Let our possessions not take such a hold of us that we find it difficult to let go. Let us know deep in our heart that all is temporary and passing and that you alone are permanent and everlasting. This we ask in Jesus’ name. Amen

CLOSING PRAYER: Take Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will. You have given them to me, to you I return them. Give me only your love and your grace that is enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com