Tuesday 2 October 2018

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 - Job 9:1-12,14-16; Lk 9:57-62

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 - Job 9:1-12,14-16; Lk 9:57-62


  1. What God passes by him how does Job respond?

  2. He bows his head
    He cannot see him
    He is blinded

  3. How does Jesus respond to the second 'would be' disciple?

  4. Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.
    Let the dead bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.
    No one who puts a hand to the plough and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.

  5. What does Job say God can do to the stars?

  6. God can make them shine brighter
    God can seal up the stars
    God can make them as bright as the sun

  7. What excuse does the third 'would be' disciple give?

  8. I will follow you, Lord; but let me first bury my father
    I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.
    I will follow you, Lord; but let me first sell my land

  9. What excuse does the second 'would be' disciple give Jesus?

  10. Lord, first let me go and bury my father.
    Lord, first let me go and bury my father.
    Lord, first let me settle my affairs at home

  11. What does Job say about a mortal before God?

  12. One can be just before God
    One cannot be just before God
    One can try to be just before God

  13. How does Jesus respond to the first 'would be' disciple?

  14. I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.
    Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.
    I will follow you, Lord; but let me first sell my land

  15. What did the first 'would be' disciple say to Jesus as he was walking along the road?

  16. I want to be a disciple
    I will follow you wherever you go
    Lay your hands on me and bless me

  17. Who does Job say has resisted God and succeeded?

  18. The strong
    No one
    The brave

  19. What is the message of the readings of today?

  20. Following Jesus requires total detachment
    We often give lame excuses
    Jesus inspires and challenges us to go beyond

Thanks for taking the Quiz. I hope it makes the word of God more relevant. Let me know on errolsj@gmail.com. Suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com