Friday 27 July 2018

Novena to St. Ignatius - Day six - July 27, 2018

Lord, teach us to be generous. Teach us to love you and serve you as you deserve. To give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to look for reward, save that of knowing that we do your most holy will. 

CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT: “Laudato Si” of Pope Francis has made us aware that our mother earth is very much in need of healing. Each one of us is as responsible as the other for the care of our world. There is too much of waste all around us and we are as responsible for it as anyone. Let us resolve to use less of everything. It is amazing to note that if we reflect and try we can make-do with less than half the things that we normally use. This is true of water, soap, paper, electricity, food, clothes and so many other things.

Father, Son and Spirit, when you first created our world you wanted that all creation live in harmony. Our selfishness has resulted in in abuse of our mother. Give us the grace to use what we need as true trustees of your gift of Creation. We ask this of you our Triune God, Amen.

Take Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will. You have given them to me, to you I return them. Give me only your love and your grace that is enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com