Sunday 21 July 2013

THE FEAST OF MARY MAGDALENE - Let not your selfishness and sorrow prevent you from encountering Jesus

To read the texts click on the texts: 2 Cor 5:14-17; Jn 20:1-2, 11-18

20,11a - “But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb”

v What is it that blurs your vision? Why can you not see clearly the presence of the Lord in your life?

20,13 - The announcement of the significance of the resurrection belongs to Jesus alone, not to an intermediary messenger.

v At those times when we say, “We do not know where they have laid him”, at those times, he is standing right by our side.

20,15 - “Whom are you looking for?”

v How would you respond to this question of Jesus, “Whom are you looking for”?

20,16 – Mary’s spontaneous reaction is to address Jesus with a term of endearment in Aramaic “Rabbouni”

v How would you respond to hearing him call you by this name?
v What name would Jesus use to address you? Why?

20,17 - “Do not hold on to me”. “I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to my brothers (Greek “adelphoi”) and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God’.”

v What command is Jesus giving you?
v How will you fulfil this command?

20,18 - “I have seen the Lord.”  


v Can you say like Mary, “I have seen the Lord”? If no, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com